August 2nd of 2016 is a beautiful day in the neighborhood!
(Photos by Lisa Hepfer)
For the past 33 years, on the first Tuesday in August, communities across the country step out together to celebrate safe streets against crime in alliance with our law enforcement and neighborhood watch programs.
According to www.safest.org, National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime efforts such as Community-Oriented Policing and Safe Streets Block-by Block-Organizing™
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and unity
- Support community and police relations/cooperation
- Send a clear message that our neighborhoods are organized and will not tolerate illegal activity
People’s Community Center in Hilltop is expected to participate in the event with family-friendly opportunities and networking (Activities kick off at 5 pm). Or stay in your own front yard and rally your block for an evening of community growth and planning around the BBQ.
Follow the link to find an affiliated neighborhood near you:
2016 NNO Registration – Media Release